Monday, May 13, 2013

Days of moms and such...

Hey everyone back there in the USA. Hows it going? This last week was a winner. It was a little bit boring, but it was good.
On Monday we had p-day like normal and then the whole zone was changed. It's kind of weird. There are only a few of the same people here and it's just not the same. We also played soccer like every Monday in the afternoon. We also had a lesson with my convert Lusmar and his family. It had been awhile since we had visited them so that was pretty good.
Tuesday was a day filled with lots of contacting. We can just say that we walked a lot. Now I don't know if you all remember the story about the girl that stopped in the middle of the street back in March and started yelling at me in English, but long story short she never came to Church and we never saw her again. Until Tuesday that is. We were walking down the street and out of nowhere I just had a strong urge to knock on a door. Having been here in this area for 6 months I have knocked every door before. Most of them 5 or 6 times. But no one had every answered this door. I stopped walking and turned around. I went back to the house and rang the doorbell. And guess who opened the door? The girl that yelled at me in March. Her name is Maria. We put a day to visit her and yesterday she came to Church with us. She told us that that day she had gone to the Catholic Church to find the Priest twice and he wasn't there either time. So she had prayed that the Church would come find her. No more than about half an hour later we passed by and knocked on the door.
Wednesday was pretty sweet. An older couple in the ward invited us for a snack in the afternoon and we went to eat cake with them. It was awesome. Then we had a lesson with our recent converts wife that isn't a member....YET. She was telling us about how her family told her that she couldn't get Baptized because she had already been Baptized. She asked us where in the Bible it said you could get Baptized twice. So my companion opened up his Reina Valera to Acts and showed her exactly where it says that. She was absolutely puzzled.
Thursday we went in divisions with two members. I went to visit an investigator. He was talking to us about how he's been praying and he said, "Elder White I'd like to get Baptized". There is nothing more exciting you could ever hear as a missionary. That's like walking up to someone in the street and asking if they want a million dollars exciting. So we put a date with him for the 8th of June. 4 days before changes.....
Friday was good. It was Mothers Day in Guate. We played basketball at 6:30 to exercise. It was great. I also got my package with my contacts. I've never been happier for a package. I'd missed contacts so much. We went to teach the Sister that had the questions about Baptism two times. When we got there she was reading the Book of Mormon with a note pad and taking notes. After 4 months we got her to read the Book of Mormon. And she takes notes. It was great. We then showed her a video about Wilford Woodruff and how he got Baptized three times. When it ended she just said, "you`re right Elder. I'll get Baptized."  So we put a date with her for the 8th also. It was incredible. I cant wait for that day and help complete the Family.
Saturday was contacting. And then we went to help set up a dinner for the Mothers in the Ward. A lot of investigators came and it was awesome. We finally had an activity after 5 months of nothing.
Sunday was a normal Sunday. Church and all the good things like that. Then we called home for Mothers Day. It was awesome to talk to the Family again after 5 months of not chatting with them. I also completed eight months in the Mission. It's crazy to think that it was 8 months ago that I left on this journey, but its been fast.

I hope everything is going well for everybody out there. Two weeks ago I forgot to give a shout out to my Boy Noah Malula for his birthday. Noah... write a brother once in awhile. Also Happy Birthday to my wonderful Grandmother on Sunday! I love you and I'm so grateful for the example you have always set for me. Love you all. Have a great week. From the dirty south of Guate city.....
 
 
Love, Elder White
 
 
 
Sometimes a member doesn't want to walk.
Just take his scooter to Citas.
 
 
 
Elder White & Jorge at the ward activity
Yes ladies...he is single!
 
 
 
Happy Mother's Day
 
 
 
Getting a Shoe Shine from Elder Wootton at lunch

 
 
 Skyping on Mother's Day


Talking to Mom & JD


Lilly showing off for her Uncle Nic


8 months!


Talking to Russell & Brooke

 
 

 A message from Elder White
 

No comments:

Post a Comment