Wednesday, September 11, 2013

District Leader and New Area

Hey fam!!! How are you doing? This week was pretty crazy! On Monday we had a huge hole in the ground in our house.. so that was weird. I also had to say good bye to everyone in Las Lomas. It was pretty hard saying goodbye although I was only there for 3 months.
Tuesday we woke up and went to changes meeting. I am now in Monjas, Jalapa! It's way far away from the capital. I'm also finishing my comps training. My new comp is Elder Walton from Alpine, Utah. Cool right? That never happens in our mission. So I was surprised as ever. I am also the new district leader out here. And something funny is that Elder Montenegro, who was my DL when I started the mission, is now my ZL and I'm his DL. What? The area is now full of Americans. Literally. Us two and the sisters - one is from Utah and the other from Arizona! Crazy huh? They all have very little time in the mission too. Like  my comp has one change and one of the sisters has a good week, and her trainer 5 months... It's nuts. But don't worry about it. I only speak English in the house cause I'm scared of not practicing Spanish at all times.
Wednesday nothing really happened. We just met some members and helped the sisters move into their new house.
Thursday we taught some lessons. I met the 2 investigators that they left me. Yes this is the third time I've arrived to an area with nothing. It was a good day.
On Friday we were contacting trying to get some investigators. I saw a family standing in the doorway of a house and walked up to their mom and said, we are representatives of Jesus Christ and God has sent us to your house to teach you the restored Gospel. We taught them the plan of salvation and she accepted our invitation to go to Church. We also went to show the sisters some members in their area and we went in tuc tuc. I'll send a picture at some point. It's like a little go kart thing they drive around in. Anyways. it started raining like crazy and it was not good.
Saturday we went to teach the women we found Friday, her name is Alma. So she was not home, but her brother Rodrigo was. We went back in the night and taught them both about the Sabbath day. They agreed to come to Church.
Sunday we went to Church and it was weird. We first went to bring a bunch of investigators and members that are converts or less actives. We then went to Church in a house. Weird's right. Turns out I didn't get sent too far away form a branch..... I blessed the \Sacrament for the 15th week straight. Yes I do have it memorized now. In the night the second counselor invited us over and made us fries on a fire. It was solid. Alma and Rodrigo went to Church!!! Rodrigo stayed the whole time and he loved it. We are working with them! We hope to put some Baptismal dates this week! 
Well the Church is true and I am gratefully for this year I have had to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I look forward to my last year. Happy birthday tomorrow to my beautiful angel Lilly! I feel like just yesterday I was holding her in my arms. Thursday I complete a year. What? 

Love you all. 

With love from Jalapa.... Elder Nicholas David White 






This Sister Missionary is from Orem


Yummy Fries


Monjas, Jalapa




ONE YEAR!!!!


Rio


Elder White's best shoes


Riding in the tuc tuc


Friends from Montserrat


Ward Mission Leader from Montserrat

No comments:

Post a Comment