Monday, June 24, 2013

Week 2 in Las Lomas



This last week was my second in my area. 
Monday we got to go the Mercado Central because, my companion is going home this week so he got to go buy stuff. It was a pretty fun time. But on the way home we got lost in the middle of the city. 
Tuesday we had a meeting for district leaders and had to go to Zona 9 for it. On the bus ride back we were waiting at a stop light by the US Embassy and there was a lady outside with her two daughters and they started waving at me and one of them made a heart with their hands. I don't know if they were members or if they were just excited to see another American or what. But it was funny. We also made balliadas or however it's spelled. It's a food from Honduras. A family invited us to make them because, my comp knows how. They were way good! 
Wednesday and Thursday we went to my comps old area to say goodbye to them. They were long days. 
Friday we did divisions with the Zone Leaders and it was great! We worked really really hard.  We had a lesson with a family of investigators and it was night. So in their house, they don't have lights. The whole house was lit by candles and it was a sweet spiritual lesson. We put baptismal dates with three of them and we hope to put one with the fourth member this week. They all read and pray and everything, they just won't go to Church!!!! I don't understand it! But we have to help them out! 
Saturday I had a comp. study with our ZL Elder Resindez before we ended divisions. The funny thing is that he was my ZL in Montserrat for 6 months and now he's my ZL here. We planned a lesson for the family we put dates with. That night we went to visit the Elders Quorum President. He is having work troubles and he's about to take a job that would make him work on Sundays. He wouldn't be able to come to Church! The scriptures we found in our study for the other family were just what he needed. It was incredible. I loved it. 
Sunday one of the older missionaries in our branch was talking to this guy in the Church and the guy was explaining why part of a window was missing and he just looks at him and says, "I did not understand a word you just said to me". It was hilarious. I also taught Sunday school to the youth for the first time. It went pretty well. We went to the world wide missionary meeting, but we got there late! The bus that goes from our area to the chapel we had to go to doesn't run on Sundays! We had a make a new route and walk forever to get there, but it was an incredible meeting. I also saw my MTC teacher at the meeting! He lives in the area next to ours and told me he'll come teach our investigators with us every Saturday and Sunday if I want! I'm way excited to work with him! Well the Church is true and nothing will ever change that. Always remember that. Love you all. 

Love, Elder White



Elder White at the Guatemala City Temple



Yummy Food!



Elder White & Elder Aguilar
(Elder White thinks his comp looks like Harrison Cutler)




Las Lomas







Forget Strollers!

No comments:

Post a Comment