Monday, October 1, 2012

Last Week in Provo

Hola! This last week was my last week in the Provo MTC! It's insane how fast three weeks has gone by! I leave Tomorrow for the MTC in Guatemala! And in a way it's kind of the same as leaving for this MTC. They say Home is where the heart is, well my heart is here in Provo. I love it here so much! It's like I'm leaving Home. I'm leaving our great State. I'm leaving the greatest country in the World. I'm leaving so many great new friends for two years. Today at lunch Elder Thomas and I were talking about how it's kind of like we left our families and now we're leaving our new families. Our Zone is such a blessing. They're all amazing and I love them all so much. But I know that my call to serve in Guatemala is divine and inspired from our Heavenly Father. I know that Guatemala will become my home in no time. I've never even been there and I'm already in love with it. Anyways, I'll get on with my week.
Tuesday- Tuesday was a crazy day! We woke up and went to class then ate breakfast then when we got back to class my Companion got a call down over the intercom in the hall and we had to go to the travel office. Then they told us that we had to go on a field trip to the police station in Provo to get his fingerprints and everything for his Visa. It was pretty fun I won't lie. We went right down Ninth and then turned onto Center Street and went to the station. We were there for about an hour. Just hanging out, reading the Spanish fellotes. I couldn't figure out how to spell it in English so I figure that would work. Then when we got back we had our sacred Pokemon name Ceremonial service performed by the Pokemon Masters, Elder Brooks and Elder Grammer. I received the name of Voltorb and I have my Voltorb cards. However, I evolved last night as a departing gift from the new Pokemon Masters, Elder Baltazar and Elder Bues. So now I need an Electrode Card if anyone has one send it to me!!!! Tuesday Night Devotional was Elder Golden of the Seventy his talk was pretty good, but his wife had a quote that really stuck she said, "every single day millions and millions of prayers are uttered for you." It's true everyone. Keep praying for missionaries. I promise you we can feel it! In the words of the great Elder Stone, "being a missionary takes faith", it also takes blessings. However, the blessings it gives are far more than the ones required to serve. It in itself is a blessing to have the opportunity. At our post devotional District Devotional Review President Stone told us that "Our mission" is not a thing. "It's not your Mission. It's the Lord's Mission. And you are just the messenger." President Stone is the man.
Wednesday- We got a nuevo distrito on Wednesday! A new district! Elder Nelson and Elder Payne are in it! So I have some friends in it! They're all pretty cool Missionaries. Elder Payne and Elder Nelson are both doing well!
Thursday- Thursday was just the usual day of class and nothing too exciting. We had two lessons Thursday. Our lesson with Jorge went really well and that's when I realized that I can speak a whole lot more Spanish than I thought I could. The spirit in our lesson was so strong. It was incredible.
Friday- Friday was probably our most intense game of Futbol at the MTC and my last! :( My team was down 3-0, then we "turned it up" I'll explain it later it involves a hand sign and a hillarious story. And we won 4-3. I had the game winning assist. It was dirty. Friday also was probably my best day of Spanish yet. Hermano Sagers at the start of class pulled up a Japanesse lesson for us and showed it to us. He then said, "don't ever get discouraged with Spanish. Compared to this Spanish is the easiest thing in the World." In our Zone we have a no englies despues seis thing where we don't speak English from dinner on and Friday I did really well with it. It was a great day.
Saturday- Saturday was pretty much the same as Thursday. We had a lesson with Jorge. It was pretty good.
Sunday- The best day of the week in the MTC!!! This Sunday was Fast Sunday so we had Mission Conference. Which is kind of like Stake Conference, but with the whole MTC and the Presidency speaks to you. It was really good. Then the half of our district that's going to Guatemala and the other district in our zone leaving went to the departure devotional. It was great! President Brown, Gordon D. Brown (JD will get it), had a great talk about missionary work! At our devotion Brother Robert Swensen who is the Director of Missionary Services spoke to us. It was so good. The best quote he had though was about how everyone loves Missionaries. He said, "I mean look at yourselves. You're all so adorable." It was probably the funniest thing ever. Today walking to the Temple that was proven when everyone wanted to talk to us. A family stopped taking a picture and started yelling at us to say hi on our way out. It was really funny. After that we had our "Hasta Ver" it was so cool! I'll send a video when I can send my SD card at some point. But it's where all of the leaving Missionaries get in the middle of the room in their suites and all the other ones not leaving don't where suites and surround them. Then they all sing Para Siempre Dios Este con vos. Which is God be with you til we meet again in Spanish. You sing the verses reverantly and then still reverent, but singing you're hearts out, you sing the chorus. The fourth verse is the quitest and most reverent and all the Elders in the middle put their arms around each other and sing. Then when it's over, the Elders in the middle all repeat the last line four times quitely and the ones on the outside don't sing. The last line is Para Siempre Dios Este con vos. Then everyone kneals and says a prayer together. It's so awesome. I loved being in the middle with the oldest district! They're all such great examples and I love them! They're my favorite district by far! Last night at my last devotional in Provo we sang Armies of Helaman like at my first. It was amazing. I love being a missionary. There is not a doubt in my mind that this Church is true. Love you all. Para Siempre Este con vos Brothers and Sisters. Familias son eternas. My quote for the week is from President Brown. It is, "the last day of your mission I want you to stand in front of the mirror and say, I have no regrets." I plan on it President. Love,
Elder Nicholas David White
P.S. E-Mail; me people.....
 
 
Elder White on a "field trip" to the Police Station
 
 
Elder Bean pretending to break the rules by using the phone
 
 
Elder White at the Provo City Police station
 


 
Elder White got bored at the Police Station and since he didn't have Instagram,
he looked up Grandpa in the phone book and boxed it in
 
 
Provo Temple
 
 
Provo Tabernacle being rebuilt as the new Provo Temple
 
 
Nuevo Distrito on Temple Walk
 
 
Elder Crawford on Temple Walk
 
 
Elder Payne on his first Temple Walk
He was so excited!

 
 Elder Kullbeth doing his thing


Elder Luna on Temple Walk...


...He's anti-picture, as you can tell


Elder Jensen & Elder White


Elder Steed


District Quote from the Devotional on Tuesday Night


Elder Dreesen wearing Elder Sperry's Wong tie


Elder Sperry messing around with a toothpick in his mouth


Elder Payne, Elder White & Elder Nelson
Representin' Alta High


Elder Allen & Elder White
Buckeye's Fans!!!


Elder Steed's drawing of the District's Pokemon


The District


Elder White & Elder Ashby


Elder White & Elder Beesten


Elder White with his first Zone Leader Elder Brooks


Elder White & Elder Burbank
Elder White says:  "He made my first week.  I'll tell you the story later."


Elder Crawford & Elder White


Elder White & Elder Dreesen


Elder White & Elder Grammer


Elder Jensen & Elder White


Elder White with his Zone Leader Elder Nielsen


Elder Scott & Elder White


Elder White & Elder Shearer


Elder White & Elder Sperry


Elder White & Elder Thomas


Elder Brooks & Elder Grammer
Singing "Baby it's Cold Outside" to the Zone


Elder White & Elder Nelson


Guatemala, Here I Come!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment