Monday, January 14, 2013

My Testimony

 I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true Church of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ restored to the earth through a prophet of God. Joseph Smith was pre-ordained as a Prophet of God to restore this Gospel to the earth in this dispensation. I know that our Savior Jesus Christ lives. He has a resurrected perfected body of flesh and bone. Through his atonement we can truly be purified and forgiven of our sins. I know that my Savior knows and loves me. That he's always known me, but through his infinite sacrifice of the atonement he knows me even greater. I know he's felt every bad feeling, every tear I've cried, ever time I've ever felt discouraged or sad. I have no doubt in my mind that Thomas S. Monson is a chosen Prophet of God. That he speaks the words of our Heavenly Father to us. I know that prayers can literally change lives. I know that the power of prayer is unmatchable. There is nothing that can help you more in your life. I know that Heavenly Father hears and answers every single one of our prayers in his time and way. I know without a shadow of a doubt in my mind that families are eternal. That we can live together forever. I now know that the words the beloved Prophet Joseph spoke are true. When all else is said and done, the most important thing is to preach the Gospel. I know I've experienced some of the worst days I've ever had and I will experience more, but I've felt an unimaginable joy. I've realized how great of a sacrifice the atonement was. I can honestly say the sacrament has an extreme meaning to me now. I truly understand the covenants we make at baptism and that we renew them every Sunday. That Jesus Christ suffered for me so that I could have joy. That Joseph Smith suffered for us to be able to have the fullness of the words of the Savior to all his people in ancient times. I know that angels protect and guide me everyday. There is absolutely nothing else I could be doing that would be worth my time right now. Without a mission I dont' know how I could ever progress as a person like I have. I love this Gospel. I love my Savior. And I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the Kingdom of God here on the Earth. That the covenant we made at baptism to take upon the name of our Savior should never be taken lightly. And I'm grateful for the privilege I have to wear it everyday. In the name of Jesus Christ, Savior and Redeemer of the World, the Son of God, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment