Monday, October 21, 2013

In the words of Gif Nielson... Exclamation Point!

What's up family? How was your week? Mine was sweet. Last p-day we did nothing cool. In the night we contacted a new family and started teaching them. 
Tuesday we had zone meeting in Jutiapa. It is awful traveling on the bus so much it wears me out. We also taught the Portillo family, a part family that we baptized their daughter this week, about the restoration. It was raining and we were going to watch the DVD on our little DVD player and we couldn't hear it in their tin roof house. I prayed that it would stop raining. Sounds crazy right? But as we started the movie it stopped.... when we finished it it started again. 
Wednesday We taught the Portillos again. We also found a new investigator and put a fecha (date) with him. 
Thursday we finished teaching Sairy tithing and the law of chastity so she could get baptized. We stole Z Rods (Elder Zach Rodgerson) idea and bought candy in the tienda and gave it to her so she could practice paying tithing. It was a solid lesson. 
Friday I was in Jalapa on divisions and we had to do like 3 interviews so that was it. My comp went to an appointment with a family we had contacted and they are awesome. 
Saturday we had Sairy's baptism! It was awesome. I also completed 13 months! So that's pretty cool.  
Sunday the new family came to Church! 
It was a good week. I don't have changes... neither does my comp. We're keeping this Utah swag going in Monjas for 6 more weeks. But I won't get to see all my friends go home... That's sad. The Church is true. 

Love, Elder White 

p.s. write a bro people. It's not like I've died. I'm just in Guatemala



13 Months!!!
With Elder Steed


Sairy's Baptism






No comments:

Post a Comment